A wide range of Tekaloid and Bygone Colours paints that are ideal for use on classic cars and bikes. These products can be used on wood, metal and plastic as long as you have appropriate primer. We can supply different primers for different materials and surfaces.
We can supply an undercoat for Tekaloid and Bygone Colours paints which will suit the top coat colour. If you are unable to find the colour you require on colour charts you can supply a sample panel which we will match to and then send back to you with the paint.
- Preparation – You can use one of our grey or red scotchbrite to key back the surface you are applying to. Then use one of our Tak Cloths to remove any excess dirt and dust. You can also use our Panel Wipe to remove any grease.
- Primer – We can supply different primers for different materials/surfaces. A primer is not required however can be used if needed.
- Undercoat – This will be used over the primer (if this has been applied), this will be brush applied to the surface.
- Topcoat – This will be used over the suited colour of Undercoat, this will be brush applied to the surface.
- Lacquer/Varnish – You can use our Extra Pale Varnish, however this is not required but can be used for extra protection.
Bygone Colours Application:
- Preparation – You can use one of our green, grey or red scotchbrite to key back the surface you are applying to. Then use one of our Tack Cloths to remove any excess dirt and dust.
- Primer – You will need to add a primer to the surface. We recommend our 1K high build anti-corrosive synthetic primer. This is available in Dark Grey. For other materials, please speak to our technical team.
- Undercoat – You can add an undercoat for better coverage. We recommend our Master Craftsman undercoat available in different colours.
- Paint – Our synthetic paint range by Bygone Colours is brush/roller applied. You can add up to 10% of 2611 or 2612 thinner to help with the brush drag. All Bygone Colours products are proud to carry the Made in Britain stamp.